For B2B or B2C content writers and startup founders, here’s the ultimate blog content style guide to standardize the editorial process. This blog content style guide helps with Search Engine Optimization or SEO requirement. You don’t have to pay another SEO expert to optimize your article after your content developer has provided you with the article. This standard is applicable for blogging for businesses across domains and industries.
Blog Content Style Guide
- Google Keyword Research: Use Google Keyword Research to find key phrases that people search with your main industry keyword.
- Text Length: The required text length is a minimum of 450 and a maximum of 500 words
- Paragraph Structure: 500 words= Intro and Conclusion of 50 words each and the remaining 400 words divided into 8 paragraphs of 50 words each/Or 500 words= Intro and Conclusion of 50 words each and the remaining 400 words divided into 4 paragraphs of 100 words each
- Keyphrase Density: In a 500-word article, use the keyphrase thrice. Double the keyphrase if the word count is double
- Keyphrase Length: 3-4 words, which is the central topic
- Title of the Article: Write the Title in 60 characters and include the entire key phrase.
- Font Case: For title and headers, use Sentence Case with first letters in the capital. For prepositions and articles, use lower case.
- Sentence Length: Do not exceed 12-14 words in one sentence.
- Tense: Use present tense to avoid grammatical errors and create immediacy for attention.
- Keyphrase in the Introduction: Start your article with the keyphrase
- Meta Description Length: Write a post summary using the key phrase in 130 characters
- Keyphrase in Meta Description: Keyphrase or synonym appears in the meta description. Well done!
- Outbound Links: Find out two outbound links to substantiate figures or data you write about
- Internal Links: Find out two inbound links to substantiate figures or data you write about.
We are sure this will save you or the money or help you earn already, as you don’t need anybody else to guide you for website blogging, long-form articles, and listicles. Following this process will help you maintain a 50% Readability score, which Google loves.
From the editor of StartuptoEnterprise.com
First, thank you for your precious time reading the stories (without paywalls) I publish on Startups to Enterprises covering the EU, China, the US, and India. Second, I request you to contribute financially (any amount) to help me sustain this as an independent digital business news media.
If I receive a request for a sponsored post, I ensure I see merit that is meaningful for erudite and informed readers like you. In the bargain, I lose out on sponsorships wherein I need funds to sustain this effort. Your contribution helps me stay afloat.
Please note that your contribution is treated as revenue generated and not a donation; hence, there are no 80G or other donation certificates. In fact, as I am eligible to pay for the revenue generated, I will pay taxes on the same.
You deserve to know that I abide by journalistic ethics and practices to ensure I tell the stories as is, unbiased. You can follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter, bookmark us on Google News, and finally, PayPal us here.